When we delivered Kodi to her this morning, she was again kind and very sweet. She wanted to know all about Kodi and clearly she not only understood our decision, she seemed to agree with it. Nancy very deliberately looked each of us in our eyes and said, "I promise you, I will take very good care of Kodi. I am VERY picky, and I will find the perfect home for her. You are doing the right thing, even though I know it's very hard."
So, we cried alot; but we managed to rip the bandaid off. Kodi will have a new home soon, and while I will always miss her, there is peace in knowing that we made the right choice. Thanks for following these little details of my life... there's surely more excitement to come!
1 comment:
You're brave, sister. Good job. I'm thankful that Nancy was so kind--and someone you can trust with the decision for Kodi's next home. Hugs of understanding to each one of you from here.
Love you--
M.
Post a Comment