We have been trying something new in terms of methodology for homeschool these past two weeks. Misha is almost entirely self teaching, based on a plan I give him each morning with his corrected papers from the previous day and his new assignments. This is going so well!
Of course we all love books and you know that... but the book shown here is the first "We Were There" book... it is 178 pages, and Misha read the first 120 in one setting today!
Sasha is getting to be a very strong student! The self teaching is harder for him of course, but he's only 6 and in first grade, so we modify the program for him! His favorite subject has been Math until now, but his free time is most often spent with his nose in a book!

Gracie finished her first phonics book last week, and next week we'll start some more formal pre-reading with her! It is all so exciting and I love the peace and order we find when each child knows what is expected of him or her!
1 comment:
Ah, this brings back many good memories of cozy days doing school. I loved learning. By the time I got into the last couple of years I loved every bit of it. It is so exciting to find out about new places and new adventures that people really went through and new formulas and factoids. Anyway...I love hearing about what the kids are doing these days and see some pictures. Can't wait to see you all in a couple of months!
Post a Comment